Do you know how to use FrontPage or write your own HTML webpages?
If your answer is no, then you’re not alone. A lot of marketers don’t move forward with their business because they don’t know any HTML. Although, I think that’s no excuse!
Here’s a really simple Landing Page Generator software i put together to help exactly people like yourself. In fact, even if you DO know how to make websites, you can still make use of this becuase it does them so quickly and easily. I build all my own landing pages with this free program. This way, every one of my PPC keywords can have its own landing pages with little effort.
A good PPC Lead Capture Page has the following components:
Headline: Get Attention Quickly
Headlines have the most influence on whether or not your page converts. Because if it doesn’t get attention immediately, people will leave soon after clicking without reading anything else. This will cost you more money per lead and increase your site’s bounce rate. Which has the nasty effect of lowering your quality score and giving you a big fat Google Slap.
That’s why, headlines are tested and re-tested by all marketers to find the best wording that gets maximum impact. An excellent tool to do your own tests is the Google Conversion Optimizer.
Marketers agree that sans-serif fonts like Tahoma and Arial give best results for headlines. And when the type is in red colour against a white background, it has a psychological effect of getting attention. You can even use red sparingly on your page to move people’s eyes down to important components on the page like the submit button for your optin box.
Do not obstruct view of your headline with a banner or space-filler graphics. That will kill your conversion rate because it takes attention away from the most important part of the page most responsible for conversion.
Keep your headline short and write your main benefit in the most attractive way possible.
- How I Made $250,000 My Sixth Month Marketing Online
- How To Make $10,000 Per Day From Your Home Business
- How I Made Google My Bitch & Forced It To Send Me 1,000 Qualified Home Business Leads Yesterday
- Imagine, 200 New Customers At Your Business Door Every Day
Sub Headline:Â Make an Offer or Bribe
Your subheadline or next bit of text directly after your headline should tell people the action they need to take in order to receive that benefit. Think of it like a secondary headline and it should offer an exchange of some kind that compels them to keep reading down the page. Before you start writing a landing page, decide what you will give people for free in exchange for their email address. A sales pitch or a bizop presentation will NOT do.
There must be a genuinely good reason and easily identifiable benefit they will received when they sacrifice their email address. After all, although you may not spam them, they do not know you and they worry that you will subject them to POTENTIAL unwanted email or high-pressure phone sales. Unless the benefit is so strong that the risk becomes negligible, they will not optin.
Write your subheadline carefully and think of it like a trade. Help them live beyond their next action and pose it in the present tense if you can.
- In the Next 3 Minutes, You Will Have In Your Hands the Keys to a Revolutionary Marketing System That Brings You Customers and Cash At Will
- 15 Minutes From Now, You Will Receive a Personal Phone Call From Me & Know Exactly What to Do This Year to Quit Your Job And Earn From Home Full Time
Short Bullets Packed With Benefits
The bullets or body of your landing page is designed to give prospects more reasons to take the next desired action of submitting their contact information. You can present it as bullets, a few short paragraphs of text, or a video.
You need to think of 3-5 reasons that matter to them why what you are about to share is important. Your company being in the ground floor is not a reason that matters to them. Nor does it matter who your founder is, that he is a scientist, or that your comp plan is the highest paying in the industry.
Instead, you should be telling them how these things affect them.
- Speak with an experienced entrepreneur who will take you through all the steps necessary to start profiting in your first week of Home Business ownership
- Have an ENDLESS supply of customers, putting money in your pocket daily by discovering a revolutionary product exclusive to our partners which cures obesity forever. (Remember that 60% of all Americans have this problem and want a quick and easy solution you can give them).
- Sell with confidence in your sleep by using our online marketing system which takes care of all marketing and advertising for you.
Clear Call to Action
Your optin box must be accompanied with a clear call to action. But that’s not all. You need to give prospects a real reason that makes sense for why you need their Â phone or email address to share further information with them. Remember the squeeze page or lead capture page is a gateway to the rest of your content only accessible by a key piece of information they give you.
If you’re going to give them access to a private members area, you will need an email address to send them the password.
If it’s an e-mail based course, explain this and tell them that they must supply their email to receive the course.
If you are going to give a phone consultation, then, obviously you would need their phone number.
These are all good reasons to request contact information. As long as you are clear about it, people will be able to make the decision whether they want the next piece of information badly enough to reveal personal information to you.
- “Type your name and phone number below to receive a free 30 minute phone consultation and I’ll show you exactly how to advertise your Home Business online.”
- “Enter your email address below to receive full access to our members-only area.”
- “Tell me in the box below your best email where I can send you the 11-day E-Mail-only course for Free.”
- “Type your E-Mail below to be notified whenever new posts like this are added to the blog”
How to Use the Landing Page Generator Correctly
Once you’ve figured all of this out, you’re ready to go.
- Fill out the form on the PPC Landing Page Generator. Sign up for an autoresponder account at iContact. Not only do I recommend their autoresponder highly, it is the only one the Landing Page Generator works with. Produce an optin box using the iContact form generator wizard and copy the code into the autoresponder box of the Landing Page Generator.
- Use for your Thank You page URL the link to your funded proposal sales letter, your bizop sales page, or to the information you promised to give them.
- Submit the Landing Page Designer form and a new HTML page will be automatically saved to your desktop. You can either customise this further in Frontpage or use it as is.
- Sign up for a hosting account with godaddy.com or hostgator.com
- Use your host’s FTP interface to upload the landing page file to your website
Go try the landing page generator and write for me below in the comments section if you need any further help using it.
To learn more of Jim’s PPC advertising techniques, check out PPC Domination